Sunday, April 10, 2011

RELINQUISHING THE CROWN

MAJOR, MAJOR By Venus Raj
The Philippine Star
April 10, 2011


Tonight, I shall pass on the crown to whoever is deserving of the title Bb. Pilipinas Universe 2011.
I will never get tired recalling how this journey started. I was just a girl who dared to dream and was generously blessed with people who helped me along the way.

Good or bad, I cherish all memories because I appreciate how everything works out to shape me into a better person every day. But this past year has been extra special for me because it started a new chapter in a way I never imagined. It really was a dream come true.

Both nervous and excited, I still remember my first few days as a beauty queen. The newfound popularity was intimidating because I was aware of the great responsibility that came with it. I was especially not prepared for even more attention particularly surrounding the brief controversy that really tested my faith and resilience. In all of these I was truly blessed with people who were my stronghold. And eventually, everything turned out very well indeed.

I will forever be grateful to Madam Stella Marquez de Araneta, Mr. Jorge Araneta and the Araneta family, as well as the BPCI organization for this opportunity of a lifetime.

Special thanks to the OPMB family and Mabuhay Beauties for campaigning and supporting me during the Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas: Boyet Blas, Jory Rivera, Felix Manuel, Raymond Derek Samson, Gino Fernando, John Morante, Dondi, Adam Mears, Darwin Mendoza, Raymond Satalal, Ronald Quilon, Reianna Sanchez, Geoffrey Campaner Hutchinson, Rosalyn Andersen, Sheila Cabuco Butler,Yari Paris, Nikette Henson, Ross Misa and Lia Andrea Ramos, Fortunato Nacua and Mary Doreen Seitz. Thank you also to my dentist, Dr. Ronwaldo Navarro, my dermatologist, Dr. Genevieve de Guzman.

To Paula Shugart and the Miss Universe organization, thank you so much!

To all our mentors and sponsors, thank you for the wisdom and learnings that you have shared with us!

To the past queens, thank you for all the wonderful experiences.
To the GAY COMMUNITY, I salute all of you for being so courageous in fighting for my crown and thank you for always believing in me. 

To my ABS-CBN family, thank you for accepting me wholeheartedly.

To Atty. Francis Papica, Atty. Gigi Berberabe, Atty. Ted Pastrana, Atty. Dickson Berberabe and Atty. Fe Buelva. Thank you guys for being my defense system.

To my ACES and Queens family, my mentor Jonas Antonio Gaffud and Mercator Model and Artist Management, to my mommy Ruffa “Arnold Mercado”, Mama Nad, Kuya Albert, Kuya Arj, Bessy, Edda, John Cuay, direk Jeffrey Jeturian, Tito Ces Evangelista and Tito Gerry Diaz. To my friends, Kuya Jerome, Mama Anjo, Kuya Tyrone. To Kuya Alden and Melody, you will always be in my heart.

To the Municipality of Bato, San Vicente High School faculty, my Bicol University professors. To my best friends Mau, Bubbles and Dunhill and to all my journalism classmates; to Tito Ricky and The Philippine STAR.

To all the Bicolanos, thank you for all the support. To my family, mama, papa, to my beautiful sisters, nene, Ate Inday, Ate Cel and Ate Ning-Ning, you are the best sisters in the world! 

To God, you are my inspiration in everything. I dedicate all these achievements to you. You are the ultimate reason for my existence. I cannot thank you enough. We may excel and fail, but if we have faith in God… everything is a blessing.

This page is not enough to contain the names of all the people I owe this success to, I apologize for missing out some, but be assured you are all in my heart and my love goes out to all of you.

Everybody deserves to have their dreams come true. I had my turn, and it is someone else’s turn this time around.

The next lady who will be crowned tonight will definitely be blessed with a most captivating and transforming experience and I wish her all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment